SOCIAL MEDIA

Love List

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Shopping at STClassifieds Premium Flea Event

Roughly a month ago, I attend the STClassifieds RED Alert Premium Flea Event, and I was quite impressed by the mix of booths at the flea market this time round. The range ran from womenswear and menswear fashion, beautiful accessories to home and living products and handmade crafts.

STClassifieds Flea Market-1 STClassifieds Flea Market-2 STClassifieds Flea Market-3 STClassifieds Flea Market-4 Peugeot vintage coffee grinder

My favourite has definitely got to be Au Lapin Noir, which is an online store opened by a sweet girl who is just as crazy about vintage as me. She told me that she got interested in it while taking a break from work and leaving for a study trip to Paris, where she picked up French and woke up bright and early in the mornings to dig for treasures at les Marches aux Puces (flea market) and the Brocantes (thift and vintage stores). The things she brings back are mostly beautiful country style home and living products and shabby chic items for decor. She also carries several beautiful vintage leather Longchamp bags, the leather tans beautifully aged with time.

Check out her online store for vintage bric-a-bracs - she hand carries everything back, from vintage crockery and kitchenwear, to home decor, jewellery, accessories and papeterie such as postcards, letters and photographs from a faded era.

I picked up a beautiful (sadly non-functional) vintage Peugeot coffee grinder, seating pretty pictured above. Photo from my Instagram @nakedgloryvera.

STClassifieds Flea Market-5 STClassifieds Flea Market-6 STClassifieds Flea Market-7 STClassifieds Flea Market-8

I also shopped at Fox Out, an affordable womenswear blogshop brand, which carried casual denim ripped shorts, print dresses and also their own self-manufactured designs. Menswear label WOTD was also rather interesting as they brought the previously unimaginable blogshop concept for guys. I have to say that their designs are rather chic, leaning towards the Korean style of dressing and is a great start to making menswear more affordable for guys in general. Ladies - point your boyfriends or any guy friends for that matter, in that direction please for some wardrobe cleansing.

STClassifieds Flea Market-9 STClassifieds Flea Market-10 STClassifieds Flea Market-11 STClassifieds Flea Market-12

And finally - I got to meet Grace, the lovely lady behind Ho5hana. Let me tell you - this lady has got taste. She literally transformed her bare space in Suntec's exhibition hall into a beautiful pop-up store, full of fresh cut blossoms of lavender, daisies, ranunculus...and then decorated her booth with climbing leafy vines, topping off with beautiful necklaces hand-picked by her from Bangkok. She puts in amazing attention to detail - with lace curtains and vintage mirrors for her shoppers and even her shopping bag was handmade by her. You can really feel the love and passion she has for her brand and this world full of shiny, beautiful baubles and romantic vintage decor that she's inviting you into!

The kind people at STClassifieds also provided me with an event goodie bag and this video of me shopping! Honestly, I'm so awkward on camera, because I'm slightly not used to having several cameras train on me as I browse through racks of clothing. I'm until 1:25! Hoping that STClassifieds come up with another one of these weekend shopping events soon. 

Post a Comment

I would love to see what you say!