SOCIAL MEDIA

Love List

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Petersham Nurseries - A Decorator's Dream

nakedgloryvera-160840 nakedgloryvera-160765 nakedgloryvera-160759 nakedgloryvera-160835 nakedgloryvera-160868

nakedgloryvera-160884
Wearing white knit top from Zara, boyfriend jeans from ASOS, outer coat from My Spirit Inc, bag from Charles & Keith and maroon ankle boots from Zara

A belated happy new year! I am well and back from London and my month-long crazy Europe trip, traveling the major cities and villages in Italy, then crossing the border to the French Alps and finally Madrid, and Barcelona. During the whole trip, I was backpacking, couchsurfing (ie staying in other people's homes), hitch-hiking, and doing lots of crazy things like sleeping overnight at a train station, rock-climbing, skiing and traveling alone. But more on that later.

I would really like to share London with everyone - there is just so much diversity in this multi-cultural city. It's like London is made up of little 'villages', or rather boroughs, with each borough having its own distinctive look and feel. This series of photos were shot in Petersham Nurseries in Richmond, which is located in Zone 4 of London. It has a very nice suburban feel to it and Petersham Nurseries is absolutely beautiful.

nakedgloryvera-160899 nakedgloryvera-160904 nakedgloryvera-160912 nakedgloryvera-160916 nakedgloryvera-160925 nakedgloryvera-160927
Petersham is not only a nursery for flowers and plants, but also houses a cafe and restaurant, and two beautiful greenhouses where you can find beautiful vintage homeware and furniture, and also tools for your gardening needs.

I felt like I was really in a dream, because there were so many beautiful objects which were so perfectly, and naturally styled. Every corner was inviting me to take a photograph and each section blended seamlessly with the other. Vintage plates and bell jars were stored in a wooden plate cupboard, next to them, a table was set with beautiful lace tablecloth, napkins and cutlery, and then to your left, a circular fisheye mirror with gilded gold frames, beautiful white benches with homey cushions inviting you to take a seat... I can honestly go on and on.

nakedgloryvera-1594 nakedgloryvera-1613 nakedgloryvera-1616
Petersham Nurseries is also just a short stroll away from Richmond Park and Kew Botanic Royal Gardens. I was delighted to find a vast field full of leaves, fallen with the passing of autumn and little pine cones partially buried in the bed of leaves. I also saw herds of wild deer (yes, wild deer in London!), near to a lake with ducks and swans. And at that moment, despite the cold creeping in with the setting sun and my fingers gradually turning numb, I swear I still felt like the happiest person ever.

Post a Comment

I would love to see what you say!